Thursday 28 December 2023

Resolution(s)

It's that time of year again.

Thinking about what might work for me. 

Knowing what you want to do and doing it - commitment, persistence, courage, resilience...are things I admire but haven't always managed.

I write - have written - a lot. Sometimes poetry, sometimes fiction, sometimes creative nonfiction... I want to say what's in my mind. I want to tell others about it - sometimes.

I've talked about wanting to connect, and have belatedly discovered Kae Tempest's 'On Connection' which says so much of how I feel - and says it incredibly well. 

There is more than one way to connect - Kae Tempest not only talks about it, but demonstrates it through their different forms of creative connection. And I want to do that too, in my own way.

I actually decided quite a while back what I wanted to do next - which is half the battle. And I've done the work - commitment, persistence. I'm just not sure I have the courage or resilience to let it out into the world. But I do want to connect, so...

Let's see if that works for me in the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment