- it's practical, down-to-earth and realistic
- there are detailed ways to improve your writing - stage by stage - and exercises/ideas to try
- different perspectives are given - which is refreshing - and although the writers are all very well qualified to give advice, they in no way assert that theirs is the only view
- progression - it helps you think about where you want to be and how to give yourself the best chance of getting there
- it gives additional resources for reading, writing and getting your poetry out there
As it says in The Final Word, I'd better get on with it.